Currently a restauranteur, formerly a model— but always oh so stylish. Meet Fabian Basabe, owner of Da Vittorio Restaurant in Coral Gables.
Perhaps it’s the New Yorker in him, but this Socialite has a signature style that never misses. Basabe’s look is classic, clean, and easy, with the ability to make even a pair of jeans and a tee feel sophisticated. Whether he’s off to a cocktail party or throwing it down in the kitchen of his classic Italian restaurant, Basabe is always impeccably dressed and groomed.
With wife Martina in the luxe lingerie biz (her family owns the Italian brand La Perla), and friends the likes of Kelly Killoren-Bensimon and Kourtney Kardashian, it’s hard to blend in when you’re Fabian Basabe. But don’t let his All-American style and boyish charm fool you; he enjoys being the life of the party (see question #10.)
Name: Fabian Basabe
1. Describe your style: Preppy and classic
2. Your go-to outfit: J Brand jeans, Fay fitted shirt, Tod’s Docksiders
3. Can’t-live-without-it accessory: I always wear a belt
4. Best place to bargain shop: On Bleecker and 6th in NYC for vintage silver buckles and vintage belts
5. Flip flops or crocs? Neither I wear Superga
6. Most memorable fashion faux-pas: Versace black suede and crocodile loafers… it was the 90s!!!
7. Whose style do you admire most? Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones
8. Biggest splurge? Double breast blue blazer and gray pants from Fratelli Di Donato, the legendary Italian tailors
9. Favorite designer? Ralph Lauren
10. The secret to great style is… personality