Name: Alessia Solari
Occupation: Founder and Creative Director at Alessia Solari
Motto: Live the moment
Sometimes you just have to follow your passion in life, so I was reminded after having lunch with designer Alessia Solari a few weeks ago. Solari, an FSU grad who studied environmental science, was working for the World Meteorological Organization (an agency of the United Nations) when she found herself unhappy, telling her boyfriend that she wanted to design shoes. So she did! She left her job at the UN and returned home to Miami to launch her eponymous sandal collection.
With a Swiss mother and Peruvian father, Alessia is as striking as she is intelligent. Many would describe her as a free spirit, but I say she’s a woman that knows what she wants, and isn’t afraid to risk it all.
1. Describe your style: I love mixing classic elegance with a hint of gypsy chic. My style is very influenced by my travels abroad. I’m not a fan of all one thing.
2. Your go-to outfit: Currently I’ve been wearing a lot of long maxi dresses and my sandals. I have them in all different colors since I do all my own product testing!
3. Can’t-live-without-it accessory: Statement necklaces
4. Favorite place to shop in Miami: Armoire Chi Chi, it’s a small vintage boutique full of great finds!
5. Heels vs. Flats: Wedges, absolutely!
6. Most memorable fashion faux-pas? During my first trip to Chile my boyfriend invited me to a party to meet all his friends from back home. I wore a fitted dress with a full skirt and my louboutin espadrilles. It was a summer bbq so I thought I looked perfect! His sister took one look at me and laughed, she told me to wear jeans, sneakers and a hoodie. She saved me because I would have looked completely ridiculous! You can never trust men when it comes to how to dress, always ask a girlfriend!
|Ibiza, Capri and Bahia sandals by Alessia Solari. Availabe at www.alessiasolari.com|
7. Who is your style icon? Audrey Hepburn, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Bekham
8. Biggest splurge? A gorgeous Cavalli dress! I had to work all summer to pay my mom back 🙂 It was so worth it!
9. Favorite designer? Emilio Pucci, there is something magical about his colors and prints. They truly express happiness!
10. Complete this sentence: The secret to great style is… CONFIDENCE!
I love this post! I had the pleasure of meeting her at your event…adore her flats.
Alessia is the sweetest! She makes me want to wear sandals every day with her collection <3