This morning I was back on set at Despierta America discussing a fashion topic that is likely on every woman’s mind – how to look thinner during the holidays. While actually losing weight during this festive time of year is a next-to-impossible feat, it is possible to dress thinner! I styled three looks from Monc Boutique that will take you through the holiday party circuit, whether you’re attending an office holiday shindig or a family-style Noche Buena soirée.
Kelly’s Rules for Dressing “Skinny”
- Scared of wearing a bodycon or bandage dress? Opt for styles with black side panels that create a slimming optical illusion. Add black tights (try Spanx Shaping Tights) and sexy black heels or booties for an extra sleek look.
- Go for the bold, print that is. Patterns can be a great way to camouflage a thicker waistline when you choose a tailored piece, like a blazer, with a small scale design. Highlight your favorite parts of your body with bold prints and bright colors, while solid colored basics keep attention away from problem areas.
- Flared skirts and empire waistlines are your BFFs. Both silhouettes cinch in your waist and create an hourglass figure. But beware of going too short! Skirts should be no shorter than 1-2 inches above the knee. If in doubt, accessorize with dark colored tights. (They’ll contour your gams and save you from an impending wardrobe malfunction.)
- Shine in the right places. The holidays are the best time of year to glam up and bring out the bling! Statement necklaces and earrings are in no short supply this season. Use bold accessories to add pizzazz to an otherwise basic ensemble and bring sparkle and attention to your face and decolletage.
SHOP THE LOOKS
On Kelly – Color-Block Dress, $86
1) Silver Skirt, $55 Blouse, $48 Patterned Blazer, $78
2) Black & White Bodycon Dress, $62
3) Laser Cut Leather Dress, $68
This post is sponsored by Monc Boutique. All opinions expressed are my own.
Your dress looks amazing!