Whether you’re headed to a large Noche Buena feast, or an intimate Christmas dinner with friends, the holiday season calls for a little more glam and sparkle. One of the easiest ways to kick your look up a notch is with a chic braided chignon. If you’re bored of your go-to mermaid waves, or long and sleek look, this is the perfect style to get out of your rut. Aside from adding length and highlights, my Hotheads Extensions are perfect for creating voluminous up-do’s and pinterest-worthy braids like this one. Hotheads stylist Aurezu whipped up this look for me with a simple step-by-step.
What you need to create this look:
(1 Pack ) No. 6 in lengths 18” – 20”
(2 packs) No. 8 in lengths 18” – 20”
Hair Bands or Ties
1) Once your stylist has applied Hotheads extensions, begin by curling the hair to create extra texture. A deconstructed braid looks effortless and chic! If you are trying to achieve a sleek, finished look, skip the curling iron and opt for a high-quality flat iron.
2) Consider the neckline and jewelry that will be worn to select the side that the chignon will rest on. Now the hair is ready to be braided. Begin by separating the hair into 2 vertical parts. Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside of the left section. Pull it over to the inside of the right section. if you want a tight braid, take even strands from each side. If you want a more messy look, take uneven strands.
3) Repeat step 2, alternating sides until you reach the end of the braid. Fasten with a hair tie.
4) Once you have achieved your desired braid, start at the top and gently tug pieces of the braid to give it a tousled look. For a sleek finish skip deconstructing the braid. Voila! A perfect daytime look.
5) For a modern chignon, grab the end of the braid and knot it around the top (as you would a bun). Fasten with bobby pins that match your hair color.
This post was brought to you by Hotheads Hair Extensions