From t-shirts to cocktail dresses, and everything in between, here are five stores I’ve been frequenting that should be on your radar.
1) Alka Couture – I love supporting fellow girl bosses, so when I get the opportunity to combine that with fashion it’s nothing but l-o-v-e. And love is what happens when you step into Miami native Cristy Martinez’s home away from home at Alka Couture. The mompreneur translated her laid-back boho style into a contemporary boutique that offers locally crafted goods and trendy pieces (most under $50,) like this button down black suede skirt that is giving me major seventies vibes. Miami locals can shop online and pick up in-store at 9533 Sunset Drive, Monday thru Saturday 11am to 8pm, and on Sundays from Noon to 5pm.
2) Iorane – Born & made in Brazil, this tropical chic
brand opened its U.S. flagship at the Aventura
Mall during Summer 2015 with a little help from insta-famous Brazilian
fashion blogger Thassia Naves.
(2.1M followers are no joke, but she’s super sweet IRL!) Head to Iorane for unique
maxis, bodycon and cocktail dresses in bright hues and resort prints. Think
effortless sexy. On my most recent visit to the boutique I picked up an
off-the-shoulder top in their best-selling print and a maxidress for my trip to Puerto Rico next month. With a brand new international
website, now everyone can pretend their vacationing in Rio while shopping at www.iorane.com
3) Kit & Ace – If you’re a t-shirt
and jeans kinda girl, (or guy,) and an American Apparel tee just won’t cut it, then
technical cashmere™ is soon to be
your new favorite phrase. Hello, machine
washable cashmere! The latest concept from the founders of Lulu Lemon seeks
to elevate luxury fabrics and just popped up in not one but two South Florida locations.
You can stock up on seamless tanks, tees, dresses,
and bottoms starting at $58 at their Coconut Grove or Wynwood outposts.
4) Finds by Market – “Welcome to
accessory heaven,” boasts the homepage of this magical accessories shop located
in the heart of South Miami, right
off of Sunset Drive. The curated accessories boutique is the place to go for
everything from statement necklaces and trendy midi rings, to pom pom keychains!
Walking into Finds is like teleporting into a chic bohemian bungalow with
little treasures carefully adorning the
walls and shelves from floor to ceiling. If you love Miami favorites Blush Boutique, Market and StudioLX, then
consider Finds the baby sister of the bunch – your new go-to for that extra something to complete any outfit. (Check out @findsmiami on Instagram.)
5) Diva Boutique – Whether your fashion icon is Kylie Jenner, Gigi Hadid, or JLo, this West Kendall boutique is the place to score your own instagram babe-worthy wardrobe. (It doesn’t hurt that owner/model Vanessa Prado has a bod that rivals the aforementioned!) When a night out calls for something sassy, I look to Diva for the perfect little dress or set that’s always under $100.
Photo by Gen&Gus