Featuring an assortment of pretty pink hues from barely blush to shocking pink, M·A·C Cosmetics’ latest limited edition collection Flamingo Park is inspired by Miami and our iconic pink birds. The collection is both sugary sweet and chic, and a welcome change from the vampy burgundy and earthy brown tones that have been trending since fall. I’ve always been too intimidated to use pink shades anywhere other than my cheeks or lips, so I enlisted MAC Pro Makeup Artist Josh Ribadeo to teach me how to create a fresh daytime beauty look using Flamingo Park.
- Using the Flamingo Park Eye Shadow palette, blend “Flounce” and “Glamour Light” Shadows to create a natural eye base. Sweep across the lid using MAC brush #239.
- Add a punch of pink in the crease of the eye using “Flock ‘n Roll” Shadow. Blend using MAC brush #217.
- Give the eye more dimension by blending MAC Bone Beige Powder into the crease. (Found in Sculpt & Shape Powder Compact.)
- Apply MAC Eye Kohl Liner in Teddy at lash line by massaging the pencil in between lashes. (This creates the illusion of thicker lashes!) Smudge the line using MAC brush #219 to create a soft smoky effect.
- Use the same #219 brush to smudge a tiny hint of “Flock ‘n Roll” Shadow into the lower lash line.
- Define brows with MAC “Lingering” Brow Pencil.
- Finish by using MAC Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash Mascara – the top wand is for defining lashes, while the bottom wand creates thickness and volume. Start with the thickening wand, and then go back with the defining wand to separate lashes.
- Start with a clean face and apply MAC Moisture Infusion Serum to create a smooth base for foundation. (This can be used in place of a primer.)
- Apply MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation using a foundation brush.
- Set foundation by applying MAC Prep & Prime Powder to the T-zone, using MAC brush #116.
- Slightly contour the cheekbones with MAC Bone Beige Powder. Apply from edge of ear to corner of mouth using brush #116.
- Sweep MAC Sunny Surprise Beauty Powder over the cheeks to create a peachy glow. (This is a great alternative to blush if you want a blush feel but don’t want too much color on the cheeks.)
- Brush on MAC Flamingo Park Lipstick in Long Legged and Fabulous. The perfect nude-pink color for a daytime look.
- Top with MAC Look Whos Here! Lipglass.
SHOP THE LOOK
Makeup: MAC Flamingo Park
Top: J.Crew Turtleneck
Culottes: Olivia Palermo x Chelsea28
MUA: Joshua Ribadeo for MAC Pro Lincoln Road
Styling: Kelly Saks