This post is brought to you by my partnership with Simon Malls. All thoughts are my own.
As we count down the days left in 2019, are you preparing your look for New Year’s Eve?
I’m not superstitious, but I’ve always felt that the way you celebrate NYE reflects on how you’ll spend the year ahead. So, no matter what I’m doing – whether I’m staying in on the couch watching the ball drop on TV, or celebrating in style in Paris (where I’ll be this year!), I always go full glam to welcome the New Year in style.
Simon Malls challenged me to create a NYE makeup look using products from Morphe at Dadeland Mall, so I headed to the store for a little makeup shopping spree and to get inspired. You can read all about my shopping trip on the Simon SAID Blog.
Confession: this was my first time ever in a Morphe store… and my first time trying their products! I know, I know… bad blogger. Now I get what all the hype is about!
I picked up the massive Morphe 39L Hit the Lights Palette, a few palettes from Manny MUA and Jaclyn Hill, new brushes, lipstick, eye liner, sponges, and some other goodies. Then I got to work to create this bold (but simple!) makeup look that’s party perfect for counting down to 2020.
Neon Cat-Eye Step-by-Step
- Using your finger, apply ‘2AM’ eyeshadow from Morphe 39L Hit the Lights Palette to entire eye lid.
- Create a bold cat eye effect by lining eyes with Morphe Felt-Tip Liquid Liner in shade ‘Ink’
- Highlight brow bone and inner corner of eyes using ‘Halo Effect’ highlighter from Morphe 39L Hit the Lights Palette.
- With Morphe E3 Brush, contour face and cheekbones using Morphe Brontour in ‘Celebutante’.
- Highlight cheekbones, tip of nose, cupids bow, and collarbones using ‘Give In’ eyeshadow from 39L Hit the Lights Palette
- Line lips using Morphe lip pencil in ‘Sweetheart’, and top with Morphe Cream Lipstick in ‘Forevs’
- Lock in your look using Morphe Continuous Setting Mist
Would you rock a neon makeup look this holiday? Be sure to tag me on insta @kellysaks if you recreate it!
Photos by Jordan Braun